Find a quiet place to relax, enjoy some complimentary refreshments, catch up on the latest news or get down to some work before your flight. We look forward to welcoming you to our lounges, which have everything you need to make travelling a pleasure.
As an Air New Zealand Koru member you will have access to Air New Zealand owned and operated lounges in New Zealand and at six international destinations prior to the departure of your Air New Zealand flight. In many of our overseas destinations we also provide access for members at partner lounges owned and operated by other providers - please see the “partner lounge” section below for more details.
Airpoints Gold Elite, Gold and Koru members are also now able to use Virgin Australia lounges when connecting from an Air New Zealand trans-Tasman flight and flying domestically in Australia with the Virgin Australia Group. These lounges are located in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide, Canberra and Perth.
Lounge access policy
To ensure your visit to the lounge goes smoothly, please take a minute to familiarise yourself with some key points about lounge access. Please consult the Koru terms and conditions for further information. If you are an Airpoints Gold Elite or Gold member please consult the Airpoints programme terms and conditions for your specific lounge access policy.
- Members and their guest must be departing on an Air New Zealand ticketed and operated flight (or an eligible Virgin Australia flight - see below)
- Lounge access is available prior to departure only
- Lounge access is not available to Koru members when travelling on a flight operated by another Star Alliance carrier as the Koru programme is not a Star Alliance product
- Koru lounge access is not available if travelling on our Night Rider® late-night services between Auckland and Wellington
- Lounge access is not available to Koru members travelling on code share services with Virgin Atlantic or Etihad
- Your Koru membership or Airpoints number should always be entered at the time of booking
- Koru members may bring one eligible guest to all Air New Zealand owned and operated lounges on a space available basis
- No guests are permitted at our Koru Express facility in the Christchurch Regional Terminal
- Guests of members may not be accepted at some of our partner lounges - please check the partner lounge section prior to travel to avoid disappointment
- Currently members can not bring guests to partner lounges in London, Vancouver, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Tokyo and Osaka
- Children under the age of 12 who are travelling with eligible Gold Elite, Gold or Koru members are invited into Air New Zealand operated lounges on a complimentary basis. This is in addition to guest entitlement and subject to availability.
Virgin Australia trans-Tasman alliance
- Airpoints Gold Elite, Gold and Koru members may bring one eligible guest with them to Virgin Australia lounges in Australia
- Airpoints Gold Elite, Gold and Koru members do not have access to lounges when travelling on Virgin Australia flights to and from the Pacific Islands, Denpasar Bali, Port Moresby or Phuket.
- Airpoints Gold Elite, Gold and Koru members do not have access to lounges in conjunction with long haul Virgin Australia flights
- Star Alliance Gold members (excluding Airpoints Gold Elite and Gold members) do not have access to lounges when travelling on Virgin Australia operated services.
Attire and behaviour
- We ask you to dress and act with consideration towards fellow lounge guests
- Children are to be supervised at all times
- From time to time we may accommodate Koru members in an alternative lounge