Christchurch is a city that’s on the up. The 2011 earthquakes put things on hold for a little while, but now the city is coming back and it’s better than ever. New buildings are constantly popping up all over the place, and with all this development, the hospitality and arts scenes in particular have really taken off. Fresh new cafés and restaurants have made their mark on the central city with a variety of slick, contemporary joints and eclectic, organic institutions. Take your pick and find somewhere to suit your vibe.
Hong Kong to Christchurch
per person return
Premium Economy deal: Depart HK 12 Nov - 31 Dec 2019 / 1 Jan - 16 Jan 2020 / 27 Jan - 30 Jun 2020
Business Premier deal: Depart HK 10 Nov - 31 Dec 2019 / 5 Feb - 30 Jun 2020
*Fare Deals Terms and Conditions
1. Economy deal: Passenger must complete the purchase online at airnewzealand.com.hk between 16 Oct - 28 Oct 2019 (HK-Auckland-HK: Booking class K; Auckland-NZ domestic: Booking class K), and depart Hong Kong between 19 Oct - 11 Dec 2019 / 10 Feb - 2 Apr 2020 / 11 Apr - 30 Jun 2020.
Premium Economy deal: Passenger must complete the purchase online at airnewzealand.com.hk between 16 Oct - 28 Oct 2019 (HK-Auckland-HK: Booking class A; Auckland-NZ domestic: Booking class Y), and depart Hong Kong between 12 Nov - 31 Dec 2019 / 1 Jan - 16 Jan 2020 / 27 Jan - 30 Jun 2020.
Business Premier deal: Passenger must complete the purchase online at airnewzealand.com.hk between 16 Oct - 28 Oct 2019 (HK-Auckland-HK: Booking class J; Auckland-NZ domestic: Booking class Y), and depart Hong Kong between 10 Nov - 31 Dec 2019 / 5 Feb - 30 Jun 2020.
2. All prices are quoted in Hong Kong Dollar (HK$).
3. Hong Kong to New Zealand round-trip fare excludes estimated taxes and charges of HK$700, and fuel surcharge of HK$1,032.
4. Tax is subject to currency exchange fluctuation. Final tax amount will be calculated upon confirmation of booking.
5. The above fare is valid for round-trip travel on Air New Zealand from Hong Kong to Auckland, or onward to other New Zealand domestic destinations via Auckland.
6. Seats are limited for the above fare and offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
7. Ticket validity: 3 months.
8. Cancellation: Subject to below cancellation fee for totally unused ticket only. For partially used tickets, non-refundable. Please see fare conditions.
- Economy deal: HK$2,200
-Premium Economy deal: HK$1,800
- Business Premier deal: HK$2,000
9. Changes: All changes must be made before the ticketed flight date. Subject to below change fee per ticket per transaction and applicable fare difference. Service fees apply. Tickets are not transferable to another person. Please see fare conditions.
- Economy deal: HK$2,200
-Premium Economy deal/ Business Premier deal: HK$1,800
10. No Show: Penalty of HK$2,200 applies plus change fee and fare difference. Service fees apply. Please see fare conditions.
11. Air New Zealand reserves the right to change the above conditions and any routing exclusion without prior notice.
12. See other fare conditions. Other restrictions may apply.
13. In case of inconsistency between the English and Chinese versions of these Terms, the English version shall prevail.
#Please refer to our Year-round Fares Terms and Conditions that located at the bottom of the page.
Once Christchurch was ruled by the suburban shopping malls, however boutique shopping has made a resurgence and there are a few great options to check out. In terms of art, there are plenty of independent art galleries that are great to wander around, and the long awaited reopening of the iconic Christchurch Art Gallery is great for a rainy afternoon.
Crisp, cool, and dry in the winter, Christchurch is positioned only an hour's drive from a number of wicked ski fields, making it a sweet base for a ski or snowboarding holiday. The developing Christchurch Adventure Park will be another spot to get your adrenaline fix.
Its central location on the South Island also makes it the gateway to some of New Zealand’s most incredible scenery. Hot, dry nor'westers keep the temperature up in the summer, and with the city’s proximity to a number of beaches and little seaside villages there’s heaps to keep you occupied.