Earth & Sky - Mt. John Observatory Tour
DISCLAIMER: The above personal information collected by Air New Zealand will be used solely for providing you the free Earth & Sky - Mt. John Observatory Tour, and will not be used for other direct marketing purposes. Please see airnewzealand.com.hk/new-zealand-stargazing for more terms and conditions.
#Earth & Sky Terms and Conditions:
Upon booking, you agree to and accept Earth & Sky Limited Partnership (hereinafter called we) Terms and Conditions as outlined below.
Earth & Sky Limited Partnership asks you to consider this statement prior to payment. Tour participants must accept we are unable to guarantee full clarity, ideal skies, or visibility of certain objects. Tours operate in an alpine environment where the weather can change rapidly.
Periodically, tours may be subject to partial or full cloud cover for some or all of the tour. In this event we will, however, continue the tour using the sky which is visible and/or available. Tours conducted on Mt John may also make use of a multi-media presentation and/or visit the research facilities(where access is permitted).
Please be aware your tour is not subject to partial refunds or discounts for any reason, including the weather(see Cancellation Policy below).
Earth & Sky Limited Partnership reserves the right to cancel or change the duration and/or location of the tour in response to weather or environmental conditions.
If you have any questions regarding the likely tour format and/or weather please ask our receptionists prior to the tour's departure.
We exercise a no drinking or smoking policy on all of our tours and we reserve the right to refuse those who present themselves at check-in intoxicated.
Due to safety reasons, children under the age of eight cannot join the "Twilight and Mt John Observatory Tour". This will be strictly adhered to. We require one adult to every two children to assist in their supervision. I.e.: 1 to 2 children need one adult booked, 3-4 children must have 2 adults booked, 5-6 children need 3 adults booked.
Compulsory clothing will be enforced prior to entering to a tour; minimum required clothing and footwear is - sturdy, warm and covered footwear, a wind proof & warm jacket. Hat and gloves are recommendable. No Children wearing glowing, flashing or light up shoes/clothing are permitted on tours.
Important note: Failure to comply with compulsory clothing may result in being refused entry to the tour.
Mobility issues must be disclosed when booking a tour, special arrangements can be made if sufficient notice has been given; I.e.: 72 hours prior to the tour.
Earth & Sky Limited Partnership has a non-translation policy for tour participants, talking over astronomy guides is seen as disruptive to other guests in the group.
Any photography taken from Mt John or at Cowan's Observatory is for personal use only, no pictures or imagery can be used for any commercial purposes. Customers are informed that participation in group photos (available on tours to Mt John) is purely voluntary, as these images are made publicly available through Earth & Sky Limited Partnership Flickr and Facebook media.
Kindly Take Note…
1. We cannot guarantee weather conditions; not all objects may be visible on any given night.
2. You are advised to use the restroom/toilet before joining. Facilities are available at Mt. John University Observatory, but not at Cowan's Observatory.
3. White lights are prohibited on our tours (LCD screens, flash photography, illuminated mobile phones, flashlights, torches, light up shoes etc...).
4. Objects viewed through telescopes will generally appear only black and white and small in size.
5. We exercise a no drinking policy on our tours and reserve the right to refuse those who arrive in an intoxicated state.
6. All our tour locations are smoke free environments.
7. Strong, sturdy footwear advisable as there is minimal lighting and terrain is uneven. Please exercise caution.
8. Warm clothing is essential on all our tours regardless of the season. Tours are primarily conducted outside. Tours are primarily conducted outside & some walking is required. Refer to the compulsory clothing over page.
9. Please ensure your children do not use the telescopes as a jungle-gym. Telescopes are to be exclusively handled by trained guides.
10. Photos you may take on the tours are for personal use only - not commercial use.
11. To qualify for discounts you must present a valid card or suitable proof of age in English. At Mt John University Observatory.
12. Participation in group photos, (available on tours to Mt. John) is voluntary as these images will be posted on public websites such as Flickr.com and Facebook.
13. John Observatory Tours offer complimentary hot chocolates as refreshment (other options are unavailable).
14. On the "Mt John Observatory night-time Tour," our complimentary astrophotography service is available, most nights; if you have a DSLR camera staff may be able to capture some beautiful star photos, if weather permits.
15. New Zealand's largest research telescopes are purely reserved for University staff. At Mt. John University Observatory Earth & Sky Limited Partnership guests may use 9.25 Inch and 16 Inch telescopes, when available.
16. John Observatory Tour is restricted to children over 8 years of age for participation.
The English version of these terms and conditions shall prevail whenever there is any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions.