Fuel surcharge levy on Air New Zealand flights from 2 November 2018
A fuel surcharge will be included on all Air New Zealand tickets issued or re-issued on/after 2 November 2018. The surcharge is on a per flight sector basis irrespective of fare type and included in the fare quoted on all sales channels.
HKD 652 (one-way)
HKD 1,304 (round-trip)
*Tickets re-issued under these conditions: Change of any sector/ Change of routing/ Change of routing due to other carrier’s flight schedule change or cancellation. Tickets re-issued on or after 2 November 2018:
- Totally unused tickets, the fuel surcharge will be applied.
- For partially used tickets, if the original ticket is issued on or before 1 November 2018, no fuel surcharge will be applied.
- The fuel surcharge will be adjusted in accordance with fuel prices on a monthly basis.
- Fuel surcharge applies to all passengers, including children and infants, regardless of class of travel and fare type.
- Fuel surcharge does not apply to any domestic carriage within New Zealand.
- Codeshare flights are also subject to respective fuel surcharges.
- Tickets issued before 2 November 2018 for itineraries originating from Hong Kong do not have a fuel surcharge component.
For inquiries, please contact us here.
Air New Zealand makes Schedule Changes due to Maintenance Requirements
You may be aware of a global issue impacting Rolls-Royce Trent 1000 engines which means earlier than expected maintenance is required on some of the engines fitted to our 787-9 aircraft.
While continuing to get our customers to their destinations has been our first priority as we work through this, Air New Zealand has retimed some international flights and made a limited number of cancellations.
Air New Zealand is doing all it can to minimise the impact on customers and has also secured lease aircraft to help with additional capacity on some routes.
Customers impacted by the changes will be contacted directly by Air New Zealand or the travel agent they booked through.