Find out how to receive our travel alert information.
Getting in touch with us 💜
We continue to receive an extremely high number of calls, messages, and emails, which is greatly affecting our response time. Thank you for your continued patience while you wait to connect with us.
On occasion, depending on your query, it may take over 3 hours to speak with one of our Contact Centre experts.
If you prefer to contact us via one of our messaging channels, we ask that you provide as much information as possible when reaching out. If your query is about an upcoming or recently travelled booking, please also include your booking reference or ticket number.
Due to current incoming volumes, we do not recommend using a messaging channel if you require urgent assistance.
You may also be able to find the answer to your query on our website. Helpful information and links are available below in our frequently asked travel queries alert.
Frequently asked travel queries
Our website is full of information to help throughout your journey. We recommend checking for details prior to reaching out to our Contact Centre, Social Media, and Email Support teams for further assistance.
Domestic & International flight disruptions and your rights:
We do everything we can to meet our schedules. This means flying you, your companions and your bags to your destination, at the time we promised. Sometimes despite our best efforts, things don't happen as planned.
- If your domestic flight is disrupted, more information about your rights, and what we can do to help, can be found here.
- For helpful FAQs about the Civil Aviation Act 1990 (CAA), click here.
- If your flight has been disrupted and the new flight schedule does not meet your needs, visit us here to view our Customer service & tarmac delay plan.
- For flights to and from the US, please view the Customer service and tarmac delay plan USA here.
Airpoints membership information:
Flight and booking assistance:
- Monitor the status of your flight here.
- View, change or cancel your flight bookings, add a seat request or extra bag, via Manage Bookings.
- For all flights departing up to 30 September 2022, if you're unable to travel, you can cancel your booking and receive a credit. Your credit will be valid until 31 January 2024.
- Find more information about credits & refunds here, or view and use yours with our online credit tool.
- Our COVID-19 hub outlines what to expect when travelling with us. You can also review your travel requirements and check if you need a pre-departure test.
- If you're heading off around Aotearoa with your pet, find out what's required.
- Check the airport websites for Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, or Queenstown to confirm their opening hours for those early departures.
As all vaccination, pre-departure, and entry requirements are set by the Governments of each transit/destination country, there is no need to reach out to us to confirm the information shown online.
Other points to keep in mind:
- For customers looking to use a credit to make a new booking, please note that credits can't be combined with Airpoints Dollars. Once your credit has been applied, any remaining amount will need to be paid for using a credit/debit card or via POLi internet banking.
- Prepaid extra baggage is only available when your journey is solely operated by Air New Zealand. If another airline makes up part of your journey, excess baggage fees will apply at check-in based on the baggage rules of your ticket.
- While you are not required to show proof of vaccination to travel on an Air New Zealand operated domestic or international service, any vaccination and pre-departure testing requirements of your transit or destination countries still apply.
- If you have any questions or are having difficulty completing your New Zealand Traveller Declaration, please reach out to the NZTD Contact Centre for assistance.
We also recommend downloading the Air NZ mobile app to stay up to date with your bookings.
Changes to New Zealand's COVID-19 Protection Framework
Following the New Zealand Government's announcement removing COVID-19 Protection Framework restrictions, customers are no longer required to wear a face covering on any Air New Zealand operated flights. You can, however, continue to wear a face covering if you wish.
Masks may still be required on some outbound international services depending on the requirements of the arrival country. For details about your destination, please visit our COVID-19 hub.
Visit the New Zealand Government's Unite Against COVID-19 website to see how the removal of New Zealand’s COVID-19 Protection Framework may affect your overall travel requirements.