Find out how to receive our travel alert information.
Auckland airport closure
Auckland Airport is currently impacted by widespread flooding, and they request you do not travel to the international terminal at this time.
If your flight has been impacted, we will notify you using the contact details provided in your booking.
Updates on entry travel requirements
Entry requirements are regularly changing. We recommend you stay up to date via the relevant countries official government website to ensure you are prepared for travel prior to departure.
The below countries have recently changed their entry requirements:
- Travelling to India from or via China, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, and Thailand are required to:
- Customers, 12 years and over, must submit a self-declaration form on the Air Suvidha portal before their scheduled travel and upload a negative Covid-19 RT-PCR report, conducted within 72 hours prior to starting their journey, to the Air Suvidha portal. More information can be found on the official government website
- Travelling to Australia from China, Hong Kong, and Macau are required to:
- Customers, 12 years and over, must show proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken anytime commencing 2 days prior to the date of departure and produce evidence of a negative test result prior to boarding and on arrival (if requested). More information can be found on the official government website
- Travelling to China are required to:
- Show printed evidence of a negative Covid-19 pre-departure test taken within 48hrs of departure and must complete an E-Health Declaration form 24hrs prior to arriving in China. More information can be found on the official government website
Frequently asked travel queries
Our website is also full of information to help throughout your journey. We recommend checking for details prior to reaching out to our Contact Centre, Social Media, and Email Support teams for further assistance.
Flight Disruptions and your rights:
- Should your flight be affected by a significant delay, cancellation, or schedule change, please click here to explore your options.
Airpoints membership information:
Flight and booking assistance:
Credits issued on or prior to 30 September 2022 are valid to use until 31 January 2024.
Credits issued from 1 October 2022 onwards are valid for 12 months from their date of issue.
- Review your travel requirements and check if you need a pre-departure test.
- If you're heading off around Aotearoa with your pet, find out what's required.
- Are the kids visiting whānau over the holiday season? Read more about children travelling alone.
- For customers travelling between Auckland and Perth over the summer, find out more about the Wamos Air experience.
- Check the airport websites for Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, or Queenstown to confirm their opening hours for those early departures.
As all vaccination, pre-departure, and entry requirements are set by the Governments of each transit/destination country, there is no need to reach out to us to confirm the information shown online.
Other points to keep in mind:
- For customers looking to use a credit to make a new booking, please note that credits can't be combined with Airpoints Dollars. Once your credit has been applied, any remaining amount will need to be paid for using a credit/debit card or via POLi internet banking.
- Prepaid extra baggage is only available when your journey is solely operated by Air New Zealand. If another airline makes up part of your journey, excess baggage fees will apply at check-in based on the baggage rules of your ticket.
- While you are not required to show proof of vaccination to travel on an Air New Zealand operated service, any vaccination and pre-departure testing requirements of your transit or destination countries still apply.
- As of 20 October 2022, you are no longer required to complete a New Zealand Traveller Declaration.
- Battery-powered devices such as baggage trackers are now able to be carried in checked baggage while still in ‘on’ mode. Provided the lithium-ion battery does not exceed 2.7Wh, and the lithium metal battery does not exceed 0.3g of lithium metal. You can find more information on our Checked Baggage page on our website.
We also recommend downloading the Air NZ app to stay up to date with your bookings.
Getting in touch with us 💜
We continue to receive an extremely high number of calls, messages, and emails, which is greatly affecting our response time.
If you prefer to contact us via one of our messaging channels, we ask that you provide as much information as possible when reaching out. If your query is about an upcoming or recently travelled booking, please also include your booking reference or ticket number.
Due to current incoming volumes, we do not recommend using a messaging channel if you require urgent assistance.
Thank you for your continued patience while you wait to connect with us.