Online and mobile check-in
Reduce contact and skip the stress of queues. Get through the airport faster for a better travel experience.
Can I check in online?
Online check-in is open 24 hours before the scheduled departure of your flight. Please note, once you have checked in online you are unable to cancel your check-in. If you have checked in and you do not plan to fly, please contact us.
- If online check-in is available for your flight, you will need to ensure you have all the visa entry and border declarations required for your flight.
- If online check-in is not available for your flight, check-in will need to be manually completed at the airport. Please make sure you give yourself plenty of time at the airport to complete the check-in process and clear security.
Why should I check in online?
- Select your seat
You can still choose your seat when you check in online or on your mobile
- Receive your boarding pass by email
You can print it at home, or at the check-in kiosks at the airport. If you're in New Zealand, we can scan your emailed boarding pass from your phone
- Print bag tags yourself
If you're checking in bags, head straight to a kiosk to print out your bag tags when you arrive at the airport. Then take your bags to the bag drop. Details on your flight's exact check-in timings are on your email or e-ticket. Note that these are closing times and they include dropping off your bags if you have them.
- There may be operational issues
- Your passport details may not be up to date
- You may not have the necessary visas
If you're unable to check in online, you'll need to check in at the airport so please allow some extra time.
I need to check in at the airport
The iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.
By downloading, installing or using the Air NZ app you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
iOS: Requires iOS 15.0 or later. Optimised for iPhone.
Android: Requires Android 8.0 or later. Optimised for Android Phones.