Whether you're a couple who'd like a bit of extra room, a parent with a young child or a parent with two restless kids, you'll find our innovative Economy Skycouch™ is the ideal solution.
Air New Zealand's Economy Skycouch™ takes out global award
Air New Zealand has taken out a top international award, The Crystal Cabin Award for the enhancements it's made to its Economy Skycouch™ to cater for the airline's youngest travellers.
Stretch out on the Air New Zealand Economy Skycouch
Pete the kiwi may be nocturnal, but you’re not. Discover a better way to fly with Air New Zealand’s innovative Economy Skycouch™.
Premium Economy deal: Depart HK 21 Aug - 31 Dec 2019 / 1 Jan - 16 Jan / 27 Jan - 30 Jun 2020
Business Premier deal: Depart HK 19 Aug - 31 Dec 2019 / 3 Feb - 30 Jun 2020
*Fare Deals Terms and Conditions
1. - Economy deal: Passenger must complete the purchase online at airnewzealand.com.hk between 9 Aug and 26 Aug 2019 (HK-Auckland-HK: Booking class K; Auckland-NZ domestic: Booking class K), and depart Hong Kong between 25 Aug - 12 Dec / 26 Dec - 31 Dec 2019 / 9 Feb - 2 Apr / 11 Apr - 30 Jun 2020.
- Premium Economy deal: Passenger must complete the purchase online at airnewzealand.com.hk between 21 Aug and 9 Sep 2019 (HK-Auckland-HK: Booking class A; Auckland-NZ domestic: Booking class Y), and depart Hong Kong between 21 Aug - 31 Dec 2019 / 1 Jan - 16 Jan / 27 Jan - 30 Jun 2020.
- Business Premier deal: Passenger must complete the purchase online at airnewzealand.com.hk between 9 Aug and 26 Aug 2019 (HK-Auckland-HK: Booking class J; Auckland-NZ domestic: Booking class Y), and depart Hong Kong between 19 Aug - 31 Dec 2019 / 3 Feb - 30 Jun 2020.
2. All prices are quoted in Hong Kong Dollar (HK$).
3. Hong Kong to New Zealand round-trip fare excludes estimated taxes and charges of HK$700, and fuel surcharge of HK$1,168.
4. Tax is subject to currency exchange fluctuation. Final tax amount will be calculated upon confirmation of booking.
5. The above fare is valid for round-trip travel on Air New Zealand from Hong Kong to Auckland, or onward to other New Zealand domestic destinations via Auckland.
6. Seats are limited for the above fare and offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
7. Ticket validity: Economy deal: 3 months. Premium Economy deal: 3 months. Business Premier deal: 3 months.
8. Cancellation: Economy deal: Subject to HK$2,200 cancellation fee for totally unused ticket only. For partially used tickets, non-refundable. Premium Economy deal: Subject to HK$1,800 cancellation fee for totally unused ticket only. For partially used tickets, non-refundable. Business Premier deal: Subject to HK$2,000 cancellation fee for totally unused ticket only. For partially used tickets, non-refundable. Please see fare conditions.
9. Changes: Economy deal: All changes must be made before the ticketed flight date. Subject to HK$2,200 change fee per ticket per transaction and applicable fare difference. Premium Economy deal, Business Premier deal: All changes must be made before the ticketed flight date. Subject to HK$1,800 change fee per ticket per transaction and applicable fare difference. Service fees apply. Tickets are not transferable to another person. Please see fare conditions.
10. No Show: Economy deal, Premium Economy deal, Business Premier deal: Penalty of HK$2,200 applies plus change fee and fare difference. Service fees apply. Please see fare conditions.
11. Air New Zealand reserves the right to change the above conditions and any routing exclusion without prior notice.
12. See other fare conditions. Other restrictions may apply.
13. In case of inconsistency between the English and Chinese versions of these Terms, the English version shall prevail.
#Please refer to our Year-round Fares Terms and Conditions that located at the bottom of the page.
What is Skycouch?
So what is an Economy Skycouch™ exactly? It's simple. Imagine a row of Economy seats that can be turned into a couch after takeoff. So you and your friend or family member can stretch out. Clever, right? Comfy, too. It's so flexible it can be used as seating, a couch or even a play area. You'll also get some lovely bedding and pillows. It's a world first.
A lot of people ask us if they're going to end up sharing their Economy Skycouch with a stranger. The answer is 'no'. When you upgrade to an Economy Skycouch, you get the entire row to yourself. It's totally private.
The Skycouch Infant Harness, Belt & Pod is available on all Air New Zealand Boeing 777 and 787-9 operated long-haul services. It provides additional comfort and protection for infants and peace of mind for parents or caregivers.
Drag to explore our Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner Economy Skycouch™
Place yourself at the centre of the Air New Zealand cabin experience and take a 360° tour*.
Space to stretch out
Skycouch is for everyone
Create a flat, flexible space for you to enjoy however you like. Skycouch is a great option for families, couples and those just wanting a bit of extra personal space. You can choose the setup to suit your needs.
All three seats will be allocated to your booking and are reserved just for the passengers in your group.
How do I use a Skycouch?
The seats are the same as an Economy seat, except you have an additional footrest that folds to form a couch. Each person can choose if they want their footrest up or down. These adjust to 60 and 90 degrees.
The arm rest on the window side goes all the way up to create a comfortable lounge space. All the armrests in the middle seats also disappear in the back of the seat.
When it's time to rest, we'll help you get your Skycouch set up. We even have an extension seat belt for when you want to lie down.
With the side wall armrest up the length of the Skycouch is 1.55m (5ft 1”). And when the cushion and leg rest are combined the approximate depth of the Skycouch is 74cm (29”).
Where are the Skycouch seats located?
The Economy Skycouch seats are located in the forward Economy cabin of all our 777 and 787-9 aircraft. Seat and row numbers vary by aircraft but can be found on our seat maps.
Available from later in 2018, the Skycouch Infant Harness and Belt allows infants to remain lying down throughout the cruise phase of flight, even when the seatbelt sign is on.
The Skycouch Infant Pod is an optional collapsible sleep space to provide additional comfort and protection for infants and peace of mind for parents or caregivers.
The Skycouch Infant Harness, Belt and Pod is complimentary for all Economy Skycouch customers travelling with infants. The Skycouch Pod will be made available for customers with infants that fit within the height limits of the pod, subject to availability.
Find out more information on the Skycouch Infant Harness, Belt and Pod.
Book a Skycouch for your journey
You can add Economy Skycouch to an Economy fare when booking long haul flights online. If the option is available you'll see 'Skycouch available' beneath the price. You'll find costs and details when you select your seats.
Choose your configuration based on how many people you're travelling with. We offer options for one Skycouch, one Skycouch plus an Economy seat or multiple Skycouches.
Please take note that for safety reasons, children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult 15 years or older when seated on a Skycouch.
When travelling with infants on Economy Skycouch the infant may lie down when the seatbelt sign is not illuminated. However once the seatbelt sign is illuminated the infant must be returned to the upright position and secured in the infant seatbelt.
* The 360° panorama is of our 787-9 service. Please note when on board the 777-300 and 777-200 long haul services your experience may be different to what is shown in this panorama.